Join us at the District Office Auditorium for four district wide parent leaders meetings.
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
- Thursday, January 19, 2017 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
Each meeting will include a 40-minute training topic and a 20-minute information presentation from Superintendent Dr. Gustavo Balderas, Elementary Director Brooke Wagner, and Secondary Director BJ Blake.
- October: Building capacity, making all families feel included and valued
- January: Fundraising successes and flops, developing partnerships
- March: Idea exchange, best practices and inpsirations
- May: Hot topics and next steps
Meetings for the 2016-2017 school year will take place at the District Office at 200 North Monroe Street. Take away tools will be provided. Please RSVP at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084fa5ab2ba13-20162017
Convener: Heather Sielicki, Camas Ridge PTO
Facilitator: Josh Reckord, Retired 4J Teacher/Volunteer
In addition to these quarterly meetings, we will sponsor broader, stand alone 2-hour trainings on topics we defined as priority skill sets for parent leaders:
- Making meetings matter
- Difficult conversations in schools
- Using technology to support parent organizations
Dates and location times for these trainings TBD.
In 2015-2016, we hosted four district-wide meetings; October 6, Dec 1st, Feb 9th, and April 12th at different high schools for parent group leaders across the Eugene School District 4J community.They were opportunities to ask questions, hear updates from District leadership, and learn about resources. Review meeting minutes.