Reports of white supremacist graffiti continue to increase around the community. We need to be proactive and stop hate from spreading. There are things we can do.
- Report all graffiti promptly so that it can be tracked by local law enforcement. Call Eugene Police Department at 541-682-5111 (Non-Emergency Line) if the graffiti is hate speech.
- Familiarize ourselves with hate graffiti symbols. The Anti-Defamation League maintains a current database.
- Encourage your friends and family to share incidents of discrimination, hate and bias over the phone with the Equity and Human Rights Center at 541-682-5177 or online.
- Share information below with your parent teacher organization.
It is the policy of the City of Eugene to commit all available resources to investigate all reports of hate, bias, harassment, and violence. These crimes and activities have no place in our community.
Human Rights and Neighborhood Involvement Staff are available to assist with or coordinate community meetings to respond if incidents take place. Contact your neighborhood association for more information.
Additional Resources in the Community
- Stop Hate Campaign: 541-607-8077
- Oregon Coalition Against Hate Crimes: 503-725-8502