In 2015-2016, we hosted four district-wide meetings; October 6, Dec 1st, Feb 9th, and April 12th at different high schools for parent group leaders across the Eugene School District 4J community.They were opportunities to ask questions, hear updates from District leadership, and learn about resources. Review meeting minutes.
Our meetings for the 2016-2017 school year will take place at the District Office at 200 North Monroe Street Take away tools will be provided.
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
- Thursday, January 19, 2017 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
Each meeting will include a 40-minute training topic and a 20-minute information presentation from Superintendent Dr. Gustavo Balderas, Elementary Director Brooke Wagner, and Secondary Director BJ Blake.
- October: Building capacity, making all families feel included and valued
- January: Fundraising successes and flops, developing partnerships
- March: Idea exchange, best practices and inpsirations
- May: Difficult conversations, the bond measure, and next steps
The meetings will be convened by Heather Sielicki (parent volunteer) with facilitation by Josh Reckord (retired educator).
Skill Building Workshops
In addition the these quarterly meetings, three skill building workshops are planned:
- Making Meetings Matter : Monday, March 13, 6:30pm – 8:30pm [materials]