Our meetings for the 2017-2018 school year will take place at the District Office at 200 North Monroe Street Take away tools will be provided.
- Monday, October 30, 2017 – 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 29, 2018 – 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 30, 2018 – 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Each meeting will include a 40-minute training topic and a 20-minute information presentation from Superintendent Dr. Gustavo Balderas, Elementary Director Brooke Wagner, and Secondary Director BJ Blake.
The meetings will be convened by Heather Sielicki (parent volunteer) with facilitation by Josh Reckord (retired educator).
Skill Building Workshops
In addition the these quarterly meetings, three skill building workshops are planned:
- Making Meetings Matter: Learn what elements contribute to meetings that “click”–where everyone feels good about what was accomplished.
- Difficult Conversations in Schools: Develop the confidence and strategies to deliver meaningful and constructive feedback.
- PTO Meeting Conference Calls: Learn how call-in and video-call options can transform your meeting attendance.
The 4J Parent Leaders group was formed with help from Dr. Sheldon Berman to improve communication between parent leaders at different schools, provide opportunity for meaningful interaction with district leaders, and offer educational opportunities to parents active in the education of their children.
In 2015-2016, we hosted four district-wide meetings at different high schools for parent group leaders across the Eugene School District 4J community. They were opportunities to ask questions, hear updates from District leadership, and learn about resources.
In 2016-2017, we hosted four district-wide meetings at the District Office and co-hosted a School Board Forum with the League of Women’s Voters Lane County.